Exactly what you think: a delicious, juicy burger with ramen noodles formed as a bun. Filled with sriracha, ketchup, arugula, and a fried egg.
It goes like this:
- 4 (3 ounce) packages instant ramen noodles, flavor packet discarded
8 large eggs
1 pound lean ground beef
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Vegetable oil, as needed
4 slices American cheese
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Sriracha
1 1/2 cups arugula
1/2 cup chives, thinly sliced
1. Make an ice bath
2. Cook your ramen per package instructions. Once cooked, drain the noodles and drop them in the ice bath to keep from over cooking. Once cooled, drain the noodles and add them to a large mixing bowl. Crack 4 eggs into the ramen and mush them around until the noodles are evenly coated.
3. Season your beef. I don’t care how you do it. Everyone does it differently. But I would at salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and some herbs. But seriously, just trust your gut on this one. Make four patties out of your beef.
4. Mix the ketchup and sriracha.
5. Brush those beautiful burgs with some vegetable oil and grill them up.
6. To make the patties, over medium heat in a nonstick pan, add vegetable oil and form rounds out of your noodles. Each patty should be about half a package of ramen. You might want to use a ring mold or a large mug to help shape them. Let them cook for about 2 minutes per side. You’ll probably need to do this in batches, so either have a bunch of pans going at once, or get your timing figured out so your burgs, buns, and eggs all get done at the same time.
7. In a separate pan, fry up your eggs, sunny side up.
8. Build your burger like this:
Now eat it.