Tonight, I had my heart set on baking up these gorgeous salmon fillets and having a marvelous photo session with the perfect colors of the Spring evening and this beautiful food. Then it got dark. So I am sad to say I don't have any "finished" photos.
I do, however, have an awesome recipe for a complete dinner.
Salmon isn't cheap (and you should not buy farm raised salmon) so I don't make it often. But when I do, it's a real treat. And the leftovers? I'll make salmon tacos with that tomorrow.
The sides are easy, delicious, and healthy. I love asparagus and you could even bake carrots, Brussels sprouts, or broccoli with this dish. I also served this with white rice - the kind you microwave in the pouch for 90 seconds - because the man I'm feeding can eat quite a bit of food.
I hope you can forgive me for the lack of finished photos. If you have any questions on what your salmon should look like when it's done baking, check out this link.
Enjoy, and cook for someone you love tonight.
Thanks for stopping by. xoxo,
For the salmon:
Wild salmon fillet(s)
Lemon pepper seasoning
For the Asparagus:
1 bunch asparagus, ends removed
2 Tbsp olive oil
For the Potatoes:
2 cups small potatoes, sliced
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Slice the potatoes and coat with olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Toss to coat and place in the oven a full 15 minutes before the salmon and asparagus is added.
- To prepare the asparagus: coat in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on aluminum foiled-lined baking sheet, set aside.
- To prepare salmon: Lay skin side down in a aluminum foil-lined baking dish. Coat with olive oil and massage into skin. Add lemon pepper seasoning to coat, then sprinkle on salt (to taste) and thyme until the fillets are covered.
- Baking salmon and asparagus with the potatoes at 375° for approximately 20 minutes. The salmon is done when it flakes at the thickest part of the meat with a fork. Again, if you have questions on it's doneness, see the link above.
- Optional: heat easy-make white rice in the microwave, per package instructions.
- Serve salmon atop a bed of rice with potatoes and asparagus. Enjoy.