Since I bought my house, I've been learning to make meals that feed two and make plenty of leftovers. Because, lets face it, leftovers are the way to go.
So far, I've learned two things: 1. Sam's Club is a blessing and a curse and 2. you should probably go ahead and buy the giant package of chicken, because it's gonna be used sooner or later.
Tonight, I wanted to make something that was filling, but healthy, and didn't involve a lot of ingredients or prep. Behold: Chicken Avocado Burritos.
These suckers only need 5 ingredients (6 if you count salt and pepper) and 1 hour to make a delicious meal. Check out the recipe below the photos. Enjoy, and cook for someone you love tonight.
2 chicken breasts
Shredded Monterey jack cheese
Salt + pepper, to taste
- Cook your chicken as desired. I baked mine in olive oil for 30 minutes in the oven. Once cooked through, remove and cut into small pieces.
- While the chicken is cooling, slice and mash avocados. Add desired amount of cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- To assemble the burritos: lay out one tortilla and add chicken to the center. Then, spoon out avocado mixture and sour cream onto the top of the chicken, and roll to close the burrito. Place seam side down in a baking dish lined with aluminum foil. Repeat until chicken and avocado mixture is gone. Sprinkle the top of the burritos with desired amount of cheese.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the burritos are warmed through.
- Serve with your favorite chips and salsa and enjoy!